Bush to Congress: "Gimme some time, Baby"













(original lyrics by Natalie Cole):

Gimme some time [like six months or more], Baby
I know you're thinking that I'm playing [neocon games;politics]
But I'm saying that I wouldn't hurt you for the world, oh no [did I ever lie?]
I'm not so blind, Baby [I see we're like winning in Iraq]
I need your lovin' and you know it (yes, I do, well) 'cause I'll show it, well
I don't wanna be hurt you [and I'll love you in the morning]
If you want me to I'll keep it a secret [we're good in that]
But please let me get through your door [or I'll use the Patriot Act]
'Cause I guarantee that once we get started
You'll soon be begging for more [troops]
We want the whole world to know that we are one [spreading freedom everywhere and stuff]
So why don't you gimme some time, Baby [please...]
Let's take advantage not for granted for the good things [mess in Iraq]
(We got for the good thangs)
I don't want to be hurt you [but maybe I will]
You just be kind, Baby [Not!]
We've got a good thing and I know it, let's not blow it, oh [It depends how you define "it"]
'Cause I wouldn't hurt you for the world, I'm serious [I just finished reading "Savage Peace"]
[Dick] I believe you think that I haven't noticed
The look in your eyes when you smile[you're probably fantasizing about those Iranian nuclear sites blowing]
And my senses tell me there's something missing [is it regime change Iran?]
So please let me stay for a little while [in Iraq]
I want the whole world to know that we are one
We got it together, Baby, we're one
So why don't you gimme some time, Baby
I know you're thinking that I'm playing
But all I'm saying
'Cause I wouldn't hurt you for the world, I'm serious
Gimme some time, Baby, gimme some time, Baby
I, I know, you know, I know you love me
And I thank that you thank that we should be together
So why, why, why don't you gimme some of your time
Hey, that's all I need, that's all I want
Gimme just a little hour, just some [well, a little bit more than that]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Francis Fukuyama (again): Don't shoot! I'm not a neocon

Pundits who screw-up: No big deal...