The Six-Day War (1967)


















I've written a long article on the Six-Day-War and its aftermath which is going to be published in a magazine in two weeks. So I'm not going to preempt myself here (just wait patiently for my piece). But I highly recommend reading Tom Segev's 1967: Israel, the War, and the Year that Transformed the Middle East. I share his basic "narrative" about the war (Shouldn't have happened; too bad it happened; if only we could "rewind" history...). I also recommend three recent items on the subject:
1. Henry Luarnes,"1967: a war of miscalculation and misjudgment" in Le Monde Diplomatique.
2. David Remnick, "The Seventh Day" in the New Yorker.
3. Havrey Morris, "And on the Sixth Day the World Changed" in The Financial Times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Francis Fukuyama (again): Don't shoot! I'm not a neocon

Pundits who screw-up: No big deal...